POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Mar 2008 17:45:16
Message: <a30ju3p36qteeban2l1htfmffh7fafb443@4ax.com>
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:08:28 +0100, Vincent Le Chevalier
<gal### [at] libertyALLsurfSPAMfr> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> But to say that the vast majority of people need to be told how to
>> live is elitism. IMO The vast majority of people need food and an
>> education and not to be oppressed.
>
>Perhaps I'm misunderstanding nemesis but I thought he meant that the
>majority of people are willing to follow someone posturing as a leader,
>and possibly looking for this person, even if they don't need that leader.

True but he said that 90% of people are sheep and that in not polite
if you think that each one is a person. That was part of my gripe.

>I've seen that attitude in plenty of contexts: people just looking for
>someone to follow, not necessarily interested in forming their own opinion.

True I'm like that as well but not on this subject :)

>It depends on context by the way; you can be a sort of leader on certain
>questions, and go for the easier "follower" attitude on other matters.

True again

>Hence we can all be part of both the clueless majority and enlightened
>minority ;-)

Why should the majority be clueless and the minority enlightened?
--

Regards
     Stephen